Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chili Garlic Edamame

Tonight I felt like something not too labor intensive. I'm exhausted, the house is a disaster, I have to pack, do laundry, take a shower...my "to do" list is a mile and a half long. My boss at work has been RAVING about garlic parmesan edamame for the past few weeks, and I do love garlic...so I thought I would check it out. The original recipe she showed me called for edamame in it's shell, unfortunately mine was freezer burned beyond repair. I had to make do with shelled edamame, which I prefer anyways.


Chili Garlic Edamame
Serves 2

Ingredients
12 ounce bag shelled edamame
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
salt to taste
vegan parmesan (optional)

Preheat oven to 425*. Mince garlic and toss together with edamame, salt, chili flakes and olive oil. Make sure the edamame is thoroughly coated. Top with bread crumbs and vegan parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. yum.

2 comments:

  1. I am OBSESSED with edamame. For real! I love it with tons of chili powder and red pepper flakes, but have never tried it with bread crumbs before - sounds (and looks) really good!

    ReplyDelete