Friday, October 7, 2011

i love potatoes.

A few years ago, newly vegan, I went to Spain and I had a lot of difficulty with my menu options...the choices consisted of mostly things I did not eat: seafood, HAM, cheese, HAM, egg, HAM. So, I ate a lot of potatoes. Delicious delicious potatoes. The following recipe is something I made for my sister's Spanish themed birthday a few weeks ago, and they were a huge success. I made them again tonight, with a vegan aioli...just as delicious as I remember.

Spicy Spanish Potatoes

Ingredients:
6 medium potatoes (I used yukon gold)
3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon cayenne
1 teaspoon salt

In a medium bowl mix together paprika, cumin, cayenne and salt, set aside. Slice each potato into 8-12 even wedges. Pan fry the potato wedges until the outsides are brown and crispy. Immediately toss the potatoes together with the seasoning. Serve warm with vegan aioli.



Lemon Garlic Aioli

1/2 cup vegenaise
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon paprika

Mince garlic and stir into vegenaise. Mix in the rest of ingredients, stir until creamy.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and gorgeous! Great job. Both my son and I are going to be starting our Spanish classes this coming week and I was going to do some recipes to go along with it at some point. I'm bookmarking this! (and, honestly, I don't really like potatoes, crazy, right?)

    Happy MoFoing,
    <3 VF

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks perfect, I wish I had some potatoes right now!

    ReplyDelete