Saturday, October 22, 2011

Maple Coconut Ice Cream with Coconut Bacon Crumble Topping...

I have a love affair with anything coconut...so this challenge is a little overwhelming.
A few years ago I discovered coconut milk ice cream and my life has not been the same. So, my first thought was "I HAVE TO MAKE COCONUT ICE CREAM!".
More recently, my sister discovered coconut "bacon" and constantly raves about it, so my second thought was "I HAVE TO MAKE COCONUT BACON"...so the only logical thing to do was combine these two desires..."I HAVE TO MAKE COCONUT ICE CREAM AND PUT COCONUT BACON ON TOP AND EAT IT ALLLLL!!!!!"

So here it is folks, a marriage made in heaven:

Maple Coconut Ice Cream:

2 cans coconut cream (14 ounce cans)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 tbs arrowroot powder
1 vanilla bean (just the seeds!)

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir often until it begins to thicken. Once the mixture is thick and creamy, put it in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
Put the mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the directions for your particular machine.

Coconut Bacon:

1 cup dried coconut shreds (the thicker the better)
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs braggs liquid aminos
1 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp liquid smoke
vegetable oil for pan frying

Combine all ingredients until the coconut is sufficiently coated. Pan fry on high heat until brown and crispy!

Serve the Bacon over the ice cream & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment