Friday, October 21, 2011

Drunken Noodles

I used to LOVE drunken noodles, but I have yet to have a decent vegan version. This comes close, but I still have a little work to do on it.
(I remember drunken noodles tasting a little bbq-y so I added some liquid smoke...interesting.)

Drunken Noodles with Tofu
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
1 block extra firm tofu
vegetable oil for pan-frying
1 14 ounce bag rice noodles (the FAT ones)
4 cloves garlic- minced
3 thai chilies- diced
1 shallot- diced
1/2 cup chopped thai basil (I used regular sweet basil, it's all I had in the garden)
1 bell pepper-sliced
4 tomatoes- cut into wedges
sauce:
3 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs mushroom sauce (or vegan oyster sauce)
1 tbs sugar
1tsp liquid smoke

Prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions and set aside.
In a small bowl stir together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
Slice the tofu into medium sized triangles and pan fry.
In a large frying pan saute shallots, once the shallots begin to get transparent add in the minced garlic, sliced bell peppers, basil, tomatoes and saute. Slowly add in cooked rice noodles stir, and cook on medium heat while adding in sauce until the whole mixture is evenly coated. Add tofu. Serve garnished with fresh tomatoes and basil. (Forgive me if I missed a few steps, I'm half asleep).

Oh, and can I just say...I AM SO EXCITED for the iron chef challenge...SOOO excited...coconut?

No comments:

Post a Comment