Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mofongo? What?

Puerto Rico is fabulous. Beautiful beaches, quaint buildings, amazing history, lush vegetation, and mofongo? What's Mofongo? Um delicious. It is smashed plantains filled with meat (no thanks), veggies, beans and spices. We arrived in luquillo earlier this afternoon and set up camp in our hotel. The weather took a walk on the wild side so we opted to stay local and venture to a nearby restaurant. Thankfully my lovely traveling companion noticed the "vegetarian menu available upon request" sign. Apparently we wandered into the right place.
I ordered the eggplant mofongo, but they were all out of eggplant!!!!! So I went for the soy beef with veggies. I also got a guava and soy cheese turnover. Mmm completely satisfying.
Next on my list is to figure out how to better upload photos from the blogger app.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I was looking forward to seeing the mofongo because I have to make some but I haven't had the time. Your meal does look good!

    ReplyDelete