Monday, October 10, 2011

A real vacation.

I'm laying by a pool that overlooks the waves lapping up on shore. Ahhh, vacation. Can't say that I've ever had a real one. A lot of traveling, but never the laying by the beach vacation. For the next ten days I will be relaxing, checking out the rainforest, enjoying the beaches and eating plantains. I'm always a little nervous when I travel, asking a million questions about my meals and hoping they understand what I'm trying to explain.
Tonight we walked down to a little restaurant near our hotel. The server and host seemed to understand my requests and the beans had no meat or broth...pretty yummy! I had rice and beans and plantains. I can never eat enough plantains. My mom cooked them all the time when I was growing up and I always complained that they smelled like feet, but what they lack in aroma, they make up for in taste.

1 comment:

  1. Rice and beans and plantains sounds like a pretty spectacular meal to me! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete